KCPR Radio History, 1971-1972
If you were on the KCPR staff during Cal Poly's 1971-72 academic year, please add details: just a paragraph or two about your time at KCPR will help us fill in the gaps. Details about you might fit better on your personal page. Also see the Audio and photo gallery pages for this year. (If the information you're adding isn't just for this year, consider putting it on another page and adding a reference from this page.)
On October 29, 1971, KCPR began broadcasting 24 hours a day. (Summarize the year, major changes, etc., here. Add further detail below. Thanks!)
- Janitor: JerryPeek (note link to the person's page on this wiki)
- General Manager: Joe Smith
- Program Director: Jane Doe
- Music Director: Alice Cooper
- Engineers: A. Wizard (Chief), N. Other Person (Transmitter), ...
- News Director: Walter Cronkite
- Traffic Director: Marsha Krinsky
- More lines?: etc. etc....
- Faculty Advisor: Some One
Format, Programs, ...
Other Web Pages
- KCPR starts 24-hour broadcasting - On October 29, 1971, KCPR began broadcasting 24 hours a day. Here are a Mustang Daily story from that day about the schedule expansion, the "Freak Night in the City" promotion that started it, and a photo of traffic directory Marsha Krinsky carrying 1,500 45's.
- A Landmark Broadcast in 1971 - On November 3, 1971, KCPR's talk show Study Break broadcast an interview and call-in discussion with two representatives from the new Gay Student Union. These are the Mustang Daily story from November 9, 1971, and a 2004 discussion about it from the old KCPR message board.
Links: HomePage KcprHistory Audio